Monday, 17 October 2022

CONVENTIONS – media language including genre, narr...

Prelims

BASIC PRELIM

For my Prelim I looked at the opening of Alfred Hitchcocks 'Psycho' (1960) to see how it used the 'hand of god technique' and recreated it with my classmates for the opening of our short sketch. i then edited the shots i thought worked into a basic prelim.



GENRE PRELIM

After creating the basic prelim I modified and added to it to make it fit into a specific genre, I chose horror by taking inspiration from 'Psycho'. I also added several idents and titles.

I added in specific genre conventions to signify that it is a horror. I started by changing it from colour to black and white, then I added a scary non-digetic music audio bridge to create tension throughout the video. i made the titles sans-serif to connote that it was a serious video which actually contrasted to the titles in 'Psycho' (seen below).


Self criticisms:

  • The main title font should also have been in a sans-serif font or something scarier than just a generic font.
  • The way I used many different angles for the same shot looked quite awkward
Things I liked:
  • I think the choice of making it black and white was good anchorage for what genre it would be.
  • The elevator numbers was a good way to create tension.
  • the non-diegetic music was also good anchorage for what the genre would be.

EQUIPTMENT

Duding this shoot we used many different equipments to film such as a tripod, a mono pod and a dolly for smooth tracking shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment

The FINAL CUT!

Here is my final cut: timeline: You can find a deeper breakdown of my final cut throughout the rest of my blog (especially my conventions ev...